11 Oct XP-Speed up Your Computer
So has your computer slowed down over time? Here are a few things you can do to make marked improvements on the speed and performance of your computer
XP- Speed up Your Computer
Every week you need to do maintenance on your computer. It is just like you cleaning your clothes. You also need to clean your computer if you want it to keep performing like the day you got it.
Be aware, the websites have viruses, spam and a slew of other things that will dump onto your hard drive and slow it down. Be careful where you surf. In addition, the more programs you put on your machine, the slower it will become also. However, we will talk about maintenance and speeding it up right now.
From now on, every week, you need to do the following. Disk Clean Up, Disk Defrag, Error Check
Disk Clean Up
1. Go to Programs
3. System Tools to disk clean up
4. When the box comes up, you will check every square with a space bar
5. TAB to Ok and begin clean up. If you have not done this in a while or ever, it will take up to an hour.
1. Go to Programs
3. System Tools to disk defragmenter and ENTER to open
4. Hit the space bar on C: and TAB to defrag—this will take some time also depending on whether you have done this before or not
5. Do NOT interrupt this process
1. Hit START KEY, go to My Computer, and enter
2. Hit your applications key or right click on C:
3. Up arrow to properties and ENTER
4. CTRL+TAB to tools and ALT+C to check now and ENTER
5. When the dialog box comes up, hit space bar on both choices, it will find and fix your hard disk problems
6. TAB to Ok and restart your computer. When your computer comes back on, it will start going through the process. Normally, you will have a blue window with white letters taking your computer through the fix stage. Do not do anything until your computer goes to your desktop and everything looks normal.
7. Do NOT interrupt this process
Try it out now. You will notice an incredible difference in speed and performance. You can download this lesson from the OTHER TAB abovegoogle.com, pub-3447701155434117, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 << Previous Post Next Post >>